Overweight people need to consider taking these nutrients/herbs in order to assist them achieve weight reduction:-
- Chromium-required for normal carbohydrate metabolism and increase insulin sensitivity
- Magnesium-also important for carbohydrate and glucose metabolism
- Green tea-studies has shown it able to reduce weight by fat-burning effect
- Guarana-enhance metabolism and increase fat burning
- Fish oil-Essential fatty acids (omega-3) found in fish oils promote thermogenesis, the process by which foods are converted to heat. Because of this, the body burns calories instead of converting them into fat for storage
- DHEA-Low levels of DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), a steroid hormone, have been linked to increased weight gain.Studies suggest that supplementing with DHEA produces beneficial body composition changes.
- 7-keto DHEA. A metabolite of DHEA called 7-keto DHEA has also attracted considerable attention for its value as a fat-loss supplement
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is found in ruminant meats such as beef and lamb and in dairy products such as milk and cheese. Many studies support the anticancer, antiobesity, antidiabetic, and antiatherogenic properties of CLA
- Take 200–600 mcg of Chromium daily.
- Take 160–320 mg of Magnesium citrate daily before bedtime.
- Take 3000–4000 mg of CLA (with or without 1000 mg guarana) daily
- Take 2400 mg of Omega 3 daily.
- Take 200 mg of 7-keto DHEA daily in the morning.
- Take 725–1450 mg of Green Tea extract daily.
- Minimize consumption of foods cooked at high temperatures.
- Consume most calories early in the day (avoid late-night snacking).
- Reduce intake of high glycemic foods (breads, pasta, potatoes, fruit juices, sugary snacks).
- Reduce intake of saturated fats such as those found in beef and butter, and increase consumption of foods rich in omega-3 fats, such as fish.
- Increase consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.